Friday, November 20, 2009

Still having a tough pain management time with the rain

I hope it will let up soon because the dampness increases my spasticity and makes the pain level worse. Cold is a very difficult thing for me because of that. Winter is my least favorite season. If i get too cold i have difficulty moving my muscles and it takes me a long time to get from one point to another. I have been staying mostly inside on the computer and updating on here. I am glad for the computer.
To Sheila, Does Malyana have similar issues? Just curious so i can relate more to help you.

2 comments:

  1. Malayna is mostly low tone so she doesn't have the spasticity issues that you do. I do wonder sometimes if she doesn't have headaches though but she can't really tell me, which is really hard. Have you ever had problems with headaches? She bangs her head sometimes, especially when she's going to sleep and it makes me wonder if she doesn't have headaches. It would be much easier if she could just tell me. Thanks for asking about her. I hope the rain stops and you get relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i unfortunately do have headaches. i am not really sure if it is the visual portion or the tightness of most of my muscles. I am thinking it is probably a combonation. Sometiems when i get them i have to go to the doctor and get a shot of a non steroidal anti inflamitory because i can not take them orally because of reflux and stomach discomfort. i used to bang my head alot when i was younger but i think most of mine was because i felt really frustrated because i could not do what my older sisters were doing walking was the most frustrating. I son't know maybe thta may be why she does it too. is there a way that she can communicate a picture board of body parts and other Pictures/

    ReplyDelete