Wednesday, November 25, 2009

more on my depression

I forgot that i talked in earlier posts about my depression. I don't remember when it started but it was at a fairly young age. I have been recieving cunseling, (Talk therapy for a little over a year now and that has been really helpful for me. i know not everyone has the gift of a voice to use and i am thankful that i do.
well onto my diagnosis. i have a condition called dysthymic Disorder. it is a form of chronic long term depression. the symptoms are not as severe as major depression but they last much longer. In this disorder you can have a condition called double depression with the severe symptoms too that will last a short time and then the regular blah feeling will return.
It is a hard condition to deal with because no one really knows how it feels and then they wonder why i just some days don't feel like dealing with everything. I know every one has some form of depression at some point and if this is the case then i strongly suggest getting assistance to cope with it. it is not a label and most of all it does not make you a bad person like some people have previously been told.
I delayed getting help because i did not want to be labeled as weird or crazy. I would not recomend that ot any one if you are feeling depressed for a prolonged period of time with no cause please seek help it will make you a stronger person and most of all it wil make you feel better even if it is a long process.

No comments:

Post a Comment