Monday, October 26, 2009

When school started getting tough

I loved school for the most part up until i was in the fifth grade. That seems to be when most people and most of all I started to realize that i was not the same as everyone else. I knew i had to wear braces on my legs before then but it did not matter to me or anyone else.
Once i hit third grade i could not tie my shoes and all of my classmates could that was my first realization. After that the questions started comming. that is around the time when people could ocasionally find me in the halls without my aide because I was becomming more independant and could fully button and zipper on my own.
I fould that people oddly enough waited for me to be in the bathroom befre they would actualy ask me what was wrong. I Don't mind the curiosity byt the thing that got me was why in the bathroom and why could they not ask me in the presence of someone who could help me to ecplain things.
I was always told you have CP and that is what i told everyone. they were like okay well what is that. that is a question that i could not answer then. Once i told them that i had something it was almost like i had something that they were going to get. Well for most I had special friends who accepted me for me from day one but for most it was a task to try and fit in. Those special people i hope you know who you are The one that comes to my mind right off from elementary is Angie. And to her I would like to say thanks for being a friend and i wish when we reached middle schoo we were not separated. I am thankful that i met you and you treated me as an equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment