Monday, October 26, 2009

the four longest years of school

High scool was a very long adventure for me with good times and bad ones. Freshmen year was again rough because i did not know my expextations and it took a long time to adjust to everything. I Still recieve PT but not OT abd this was tough because i was taken from my fourth period class eack day for a half hour. In my high school we have 84 minute periods rather than the eight shorter periods like we had in middle school, So missing thirty minutes meant you missed alot of information.
Another issue that was tough for me to adjust to were the longer periods of sitting because in middle school my teachers would let me walk up and down the hall outside of the classroom to streatch my muscles to keep from getting to stiff and uncofortable. That very useful and helpful oppertunity disapeared in high school because if a teacher saw you in the hall qith no adgenda signed than it was not good. I did get to go for some walks with My aide when she had to go do something and i had no work to do but let me tell you that was not often.
I spent most of my time doing my studies because high school is even harder to keep up in than the lower grades. There is so much homework and assignments looking back i really do not see how i did it. I guess it is probably what most of us with CP call the amazing CP strength. I will be piosting more on the experiences i had in high school under different titles. I remember these times more than any other nut wanted to try and give every one a view of each aspect of life with CP. Oh and to let everyone know i graduated with honors. I have always strived to do my best. that was probably one of the hardest things i have done. I graduated in 2004 thankfully it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment