Monday, October 26, 2009

The transition Elementary to middle school

As I grew older and realized how most people wee being toward me it became harder for me to feel like i fit in. Middle school was especially tough because everything was bew including my aide. I had the same one through most of my elementary years excpt for a year and a half.After i finished fifth grade she decided to stay at my elementary school with another child who also has CP.
this was really hard on me. I was very upset for most of that summer and then i just started to acccept the idea and the first day of sixth grade cam. I remember the feelings like it were yesterday. I woke up and i felt really scared. I felt very sick to my stomach and wanted to stay home with mom.
I went back to being very clingy as mom calls it at home and school both. For a coouple of days i would not talk even to my aide, And it took longer for me to talk to anyone else. After like a month i was finally able to talk with the teachers. I knew by this time that I had cerebral palsy and it made me different than my peers in most of my abilities accept mentally. I walk differently, sometimes talk differently especially when i get tired and i also see differently. People started to pick up on that alot more in middle school and most of them acted more as helpers to me than friends. the help was great because i developed more independance. And as the year went on i made friends a few very special ones.

ally is one that comes to micd she was different from the moment i met her. she was quiet kind and willing to listen. and to her thank you so much for taking the time to get t know me and keeping in touch through.

Also angel who i still talk to over the phone and computer now. You know what it is like to be different and the difficulties. It was so easy for me to relate with you. You were always willing to losten. You have beeen one of my best friends through thick and thin thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment