Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Some info about the good classes and teachers

I have been talking about negitive stuff with my experience in fine crafts class. Well i had so many good teachers and experiences with teachers that it is tough to talk about all of them.
In high school and throughout it took a special teacher to know how to handle my situation and i had some who knew. there were only a few that it came to as natural. Here is one experience
I had to take government and Economics as a requirement for graduation because even though i was considered special needs i was in regular classes so I was expected to meet all requirements for graduation accept the forign language requirement.
Here is the story. I would walk into my class and sit down and she would have everything ready for me before class even began. I was supposed to have a copy of board notes and all of my work enlarged so it was easier to read because of my visual impairment.
I have to say that this particular teacher is the only one who took the oppertunity to learn how to do that. It gave me independance because i did not have to call upon my aide each time i needed something enlarged in that class at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment