Monday, October 26, 2009

being eliminated from certain classes

Middle school was so different. this was the begining of me really starting to feel segregated from my peers. As i said i was taken from some of my regular classes for PT And OT. This was The year that I Started having adaptive PE class which i understand was for my own safety and Am fine with it but it was a tough adjustment.
also Industrial arts was begun at this time. I could not do this class because of my visual impairment. I completely understand that now that i am twenty three and understand my limitations there. I was really frustrated and angry though because i felt like i was being taken from my class mates and it was hard.
I was offered a one on one cooking time with my aide or a study hall to keep up on my work instead. It was helpful but there were so many questions that i got asked like where were you durring IA. and i would have to explain andpeople would tell me what i was missing and that made it kind of tough.
It was a major adjustment with alot of changes. this is tough on any person but especially so on someone who needs assistance and is put into a new situatin with new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment