Thursday, October 29, 2009

PT

This is one of the least favorite things about having CP I must say. the PT's said that it was supposed to help and make me feel better but i felt that it hurt me and it was really uncomfortable for me. I hated the isolation too but the discomfort was just sometimes overwheming. After each session i would havr alot of sppasms even though it was supposed to streach my muscles to prevent this.
I had some PT's who listened when i said it was begining to get uncomfortable and would change the plan for a bit from streaching to balance and other things but most of them just told me that they did not think it was that uncomfortable and kept going. I hated that because it was my body and when i said it was uncomfortable i think it was right?
I think my body and mind knows what it feels they can't because it is not happening to them. Now luckly i can do the streaching myself and it is not nearly as uncomfortable because i take it slowly and work up to being able to streach my leg muscles freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment