Friday, December 11, 2009

My Dad

this is a poem that i wrote for my dad,

I have been told of all the times
You bounced me to settle my cries
You would hold my head in one hand and bounce my toosh with the other
that would usually work after a couple of tries
To settle my cries

I have heard that for many nights mom slept with her feet in your face
This was not supposed to be her place
But you took it with never ending grace

no matter how things have been
Your love never ends
I remember when i was sixteen and had surgery
every thing was blurry

the first thing i remember clearly
was you lifting me over the stairs
In that incredibly heavy chair
for you that was not fair
However you did not care
about that big heavy chair
You lifted me as though you were Rick Flare

I am now 23
this is tough for me
I want you to see
You are ever so special to me
you never let me slide through the cracks
You were there to hold my back
You never did slack

You made sure we had whatever we needed
you taught us to never act conceited
this is something that can never be deleted
Even after god has deeded your life completed
those special memories will never be deleted

i have been extremely lucky to grow up and still live with both of my parents.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful poem! Your parents are very lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete