Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Anticipating surgery

this is a poem that i just wrote like ten minutes before posting it here thanks for reading it.

I hate these feelings
My anxiety is about to hit the ceiling
I hate this dreaded feeling

The anticipation
Then the aggravation
and finally the frustration

this happens during the recovery period
when my physical condition is deteriorated
My lack of Independence is then stated
this period is definitely hated

I hate having to depend
For me others must fend
I am always glad when this period comes to an end
My thanks to everyone i will send
For helping me until the end

the hospital is nearly impossible for me to bear
Sometimes at the ceiling i just stare
pretending i am not there
the feelings are so hard to share
before i did not dare

I used to put on a brave face
locked my feelings inside a case
I would act as though i was not fazed

When i had my foot done
to the hospital mom did come
anxiety she had some
i acted as though i had none
Wow that was not fun
I was glad when that ordeal was done
Home i wanted to run
When the nurse finally said home i could come

A poem written about past ad present feelings i have prior to surgery. I had the foot operation done when i was sixteen years old and it seems like it was yesterday and have had a few since and they are no easier.

1 comment: