Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dealing with another long term condition

i am finding myself going through a similar phase as i did when i was finally able to realize that the condition of CP was a permanent but treatable condition. Well this is happening again as the endometriosis is permanent but treatable as i am too young to have a hysterectomy even though i am almost positive that i do not want children in the future. do not get me wrong I love them to pieces and have plenty of chances to interact with them and love every minute of it but i don't know if i am physically able to cope with the daily grind of a child.
I have babysat since i was sixteen so i know what it is like to basically raise a child as i have done overnights and general care for up to a week at a time. I love children but i think that was experience enough to tell me that they are not meant for me. I still sit and love it but with everything that has been going on lately medically it is so hard to do right now. I miss it alot.
Well back to the feelings portion, I have gone through the crying phase just the other night because even though i do not want children it is tough for me to think long term on having another chronic condition to cope with. i am angry and frustrated as well and i know this is probably normal but honestly I can not seem to shake it and just want it over with. It has been a tough week for me and i just in all honesty kind of feel lost right now. and very thankful for the help of friends family an a great counselor and yes this includes the Internet family as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - I'm so sorry you're dealing with such a difficult situation right now. Hang in there and try to take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, That is pretty much all i can do right now, i am starting to com to terms with it all. It's tough though i have so many long term things and now another i will get through it though I have come this far and Im not going to give up now. Thanks for being here to read

    ReplyDelete