Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gastro appointment today

Well the gastro appointment went well as far as I am concerned. I am now suposed to be taking milk of magnisia pils and colase 1 or 2 pills a day for the next four to six weeks. I was doing the metamucil and wondering why i was getting more cramps well that question was answered too. she said that i was just putting more stuff on top of an already congested belly and it was probably not helping much. she told me that I needed to get my bowels moving more regularly and then add the metamucil back into the diet. i need to ask if there is one that is not flavored out there lol they taste nasty. i went to try and get the stuff at the pharmacy and they did not have the pill form of milk of magnisia so yeah im waiting to see if they can order it in for me.
i had a different doctor today and i was talking to her telling her about being born early and that i almost had to have my bowels scraped to get them moving as a baby. she asked if I was in maine medical center in the NICU ansd I told her that i was and she proceeded to tell me that she was most likely one of the nurses that took care of me when i was there. I find it kind of nice to know that i have met one of the people who may have taken care of me and I also at teh same time find it kind of surprising but any how i hope she was one who did care for me because she is very caring. i have to keep my appointment for january to see how the new recomendations are working.
I was suposed to take the meralax but after the taste of it in the gatorade I dont think I can stomach it. After it disolved it was not horrible but it is just the thought of it lol that is whey i asked to be put on a pill form. i also have to have more labs drawn yaya not. i am having CBC CMP thyroid and vitamin D tested i think there may be a few more in there im not sure.
i am going to take my first dose of elmiron today. i will only be able to get one dose in but it is a start. i am nervos about it as I am with any medication that is new to me. I dread it actually but it needs to be taken to see if it will help. I am hoping that it does. Other than that a fairly ordinary day today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny! Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been really busy. I hope all of this is finding you feeling better these days!

    ReplyDelete