Tuesday, November 16, 2010

another chronic yet treatable condition for me

Well as I said yesterday wehn I posted one of the posts i had my catheterization test done. the IC suspission is confirmed. Not what I wanted but it was what was suspected. the cath was tough but mom was there to hold my hand and yes even big people need that sometimes lol. They instilled both solutions one was not too bad the other made me want to fly off the table and go pee within like two minutes. It burned alot and then when we were finished she put the rescue solution into my bladder and it was like gone within a few minutes it was so cold that it basically numbed my bladder instantly. it felt like Ice was going in there. and not often does ice feel good in the bladder but this time I was glad for the relief.
She asked me which solution I thought had the potassium in it after the test and I answered her question with 100 percent accuracy. it was number 2 and it is not alwasy given in this fassion they switch it around so that it keeps the test more accurate but trust me If you have IC you know imediately basically which solution it is it feels much different that the saline solution from the get go. with me it felt much colder and I imediately felt the need to urinate and then as it sat there longer i got pain and burning. not exactly how i wanted to spend my tuesday afternoon but hey its over with now. I got my flu vaccine as well so i do not need to make another trip to see the primary as of yet. I am hoping to get a few months after all of the Gi stuff is done and the OB is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment