Thursday, June 23, 2011

how can people forgt about Cp

i was reading somones blog the other day and it said something to the affect of try to forget about the CP. i find this a littl difficult to do even though i hhave lived with it for 25 years now. I will admit that CP is not the primary focus of this blog like i wanted but there has been so much going on with me these days but i still never forget that I have Cp. Here are the reasons i don't forget it.
I can't run to play with my niece like she wants em to
I have trouble climbing up and down stairs and can not do this independantly if ther is no reiling
My muscles are alway tight and even though i hvae lived with this and am used to it it hurts at times especially when they spasm.
I can never drive because of my visual stuff and i am pretty sure it goes with CP even though the eye doc refuses to say so i know almost every person that I talk to with Cp hae visual issues.
I knwo ther are so many things I can do but I can not forget taht i have Cp this is impossible fort me to do and I am sure it is for any other perosn or parent of a child with CP. i have CP it is a part of me and it has nade me in part who I am i know i have it I am not ashamed to have it and frankly I dont want to forget that i have it yes i would love to be a regular fully functional person IE able to go up and down stairs that do not have rails independantly but i know that will not happen so rather than dwell on the things i can not do I treasure everything I can do but I do not forget I have Cp in fact I say I have CP it does not have me.
amy i really loved reaidng about Emma and look forward to keepiong in contact she is a very smart little girl i am gald that i started a blig and left it public i have met alot of great people this way sheila and we take it dayy by day are included too thanks for being faithful blog readers adnletting me learn about your beautiful Cp champs

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely no forgetting CP! I'm glad we met too! Thanks for following our blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't think I can forget it either. I do think I try to forget about some days, meaning I don't always want that to be the focus of who Emma is. She has CP, but she is NOT CP, and like you said, "CP doesn't have her." I get frustrated because I know other people won't see past her limitations. They only see the CP.

    I am glad to see read your blog. Thanks for supporting Emma.

    ReplyDelete