Tuesday, May 22, 2012

had a really fun day today

I went out with my friend and his mm today we had fun. i got to go to Portland headlight which I have not done in a long time  also went out to eat at Wendy's I know not in compliance with my low sodium diet but considering the circumstances I was eating it lol then we also went to cabala's in Scarborough I love the animal mountain that they have there and the fish. it is very visually stimulating for me which is good in some ways but also very overwhelming in others but I love seeing it. it and the fish are the only two reasons i like going to that store lol im not much for hunting but dad is so we go sometimes and most I stay behind because im not feeling up tot eh crowds. we also went out for ice cream yummy again probably not in compliance with my diet but i wasn't following it today and honestly have not been for a few days I know against my better judgement but i can only handle so much change and stress at one time i will be following it after surgery i promise I just needed the junk food as a freedom right now sorry that is unfortunately how i deal with some of my stresses. i tried the other avenues but they didn't work so well. I got some gifts to do in bed  or to attempt to do in bed. i am not sure how many of them i will be able to do since some are very detailed and with my vision some of that is tough but I am so thankful for the thought and for them getting me out thanks so Much D and J I really had a nice time today it took my mind off of things love u guys .
i can make a bird house once i am up and around enough to realize what im doing  i got some engraving that i can do well it is actually very simple scraping to reveal foil which  reveals a picture underneath and i got a latch hook kit which im probably going to need help to figure out how to do but ill have plenty of time to figure it out that is what I got from D and J for surgical amusement

I got some other things from mom as well hum let me see i need to go look to list them

wireless Internet yay which means that while im stuck in bed ill be able to keep in touch with my close face book friends and my blog and a few other things that I am on the Internet with so this means that if i can figure out the layout on my Ipod ill be posting here as well that is if i can figure out where things are with how small the screen is it could be a bit tough but im going to try it .
also got fuzzy posters to color love those lol i know i like alot of things that my younger readers probably do but I think alot of that has to do with the fact that it is easy for me to see.
i got a 3D Hannah Montana poster to  color not a huge fan but ill probably hang it in my nieces room or give it to one of the lil ones for their birthday
two really big coloring books with new crayons and colored pencils
oh and an itunes card  for more I books yay for that

this is some stuff i got on my own
I printed off word search puzzles to do because they are easier to see when they are not in the book form
I also have alot of other reading material that is not on my ipod  and three i books to finish that are currently on it so thanks to the love of family i think ill be well amused after surgery plus i have the TV and my music . i probably wont want to color for a while after this adventure but that's  OK because i am hoping that after this long healing period is over i can get outside and walk with comfort and ride my recumbent bike. I have a goal to lose weight have not set a goal for it yet but i know it needs to happen and that it is not going to happen overnight or at all without this surgery as you can all tell this is going to more than likely be my last post until surgery as prep starts tomorrow night.

Well i usually do this before every surgery how am i feeling
this is more for my future documentation looking back on this day
nervous
afraid
ready
happy
sad
hopeful

nervous and afraid can go in the same explanation i am nervous just because of the hospital trip afraid for me is a bit bigger of a fear and that is the Anastasia i hate the last few minutes just before going under i feel like i am losing control which yes in reality i am for a long time i have been working on that and the last surgery the experience was much better for me/
.
ready I am just plain ready for this to be done and for me to be on the road to recovery

happy because this is a step in getting my mobility back

sad because i am going to miss so much My whole summer which means at least two very special birthdays my fourth of July boat ride swimming and probably many more things as they happen

hopeful that this will be my last surgery for a long time

the interesting part is there is actually more prep for this surgery than one would think. I have to have no food after midnight yep standard practice but i also have to use some surgical scrub before hand one shower tomorrow night and another shower Thursday morning. i have not had to do this for any other surgery but It is standard practice for the doctors that I am seeing they do this to prevent infection for the patients going through surgery and also the ones following as it i am assuming also prevents transmission of infections bacteria into the OR not that they are not appropriately sterilized after lol just yet another precautionary measure.

oh and i forgot to list tha ti have my 3ds to play as well which i do not play often it is reserved for these kind of moments not that it does not get used my nephew and niece use it more than i do haha

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great day! You certainly deserve it and it's a great way to prepare for the surgery. I wish you all the luck in the world. I'm sure all will go well and I'll be looking for an update when you can. Stay strong! Hugs from me and Malayna.

    ReplyDelete