Sunday, October 30, 2011

30 things

The illness I live with is: I have a few First is cerebral palsy visual

impairment Endometriosis IC

I was diagnosed with it in Endometriosis on december 4, 2009 IC on May

27, 2011

But I had symptoms since: Endo since the age of thirteen and IC on and

off since my first UTI around the age of twelve

The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is:learning to take the cues from

my body and listen to what it is telling me

Most people assume: Im just using my ilness to be lazy

The hardest part about mornings are: Getting motivated

My favorite medical TV show is: hum not sure watch all shows on

discovery fit and health when im into watching tv

A gadget I couldn’t live without is: my heating pad for pain and my fan

for the next six months lol

The hardest part about nights are: finding the comfy position to sleep and

getting to sleep

Each day I take __ pills & vitamins:at least five many dats more

Regarding alternative treatments I: havent tried any yet

If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: I

don't need to chose have both and neither is any easier to live with.

Regarding working and career: don't work because of multiple medical

issues and too much pain.

People would be surprised to know:

The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: sometimes i

can't do the things i want to do because im not feeling up to it and this is

here for the rest of my life or until menopause.

Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was:make

a difference in many peoples lives by sharing my experience

The commercials about my illness: ha ha they are nonexistant

Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: not being able to

go for daily walks

It was really hard to have to give up: used to do alot of babysitting for

friends till I was diagnosed then had to cut back because of the unknown

of the pain and surgeries.

A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: building jigsaw

puzzles and writting

If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: just spend the

whole day with everyone and enjoy every minute of it

My illness has taught me: That I can over come many obsticles.

Want to know a secret? Endo has helped me to make many friends

But I love it when people: take the time to try and understand the daily

struggle i go through because they learn about endo and also others

struggles because I am ot the only one

My favorite motto, Never give up live each day like it is the last

When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: hang tight its a long

journey but you will get through and you are not alone I thought i was for

a long time.

Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: How

echausting it is

The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: Just

sat and listened and just let me cry with no judgement.

I’m involved with I do my best to spread awarness of endo and iC through

support groups and writting about my expereince and also posting things

to my blog that pertain to ebdo and my experience

The fact that you read this list makes me feel: happy to know that others

do really take the time to read about others struggles thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment