Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Improvement for me and a major milestone for dad in recovery

First off dad is now back on solid foods no more ground mush yay dad for all the hard work and learning how to swallow enough to eat solids again. It is going to be a long road but each step is one closer to him coming home. he got to have a steak sandwich for dinner tonight my aunt stopped and picked it up for him the smile was awesome . My dad is finally coming back to me  I knew he would but its finally happening. Oh and a funny story the speech therapist showed him a picture of a woman who was swimming under water but had her mouth open smiling and when she asked dad what she was doing he said drowning. thanks mom for informing me of this story haha. hes right though if u have your mouth open swimming your probably gonna drown
the good news on me is My foot is starting to improve i think. today I have had less pain but have also been taking ibuprophen which i should not be but i need relief I can not keep this up for all the time I have until i go back to see the orthopedic.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear your Dad is doing better. It must be such a relief to you! And glad to hear the foot is doing better too!

    ReplyDelete