Tuesday, July 5, 2011

had an awsome fourth of july

I went out on a friends lobster boat for the fireworks in portland i have dont this once in the past and really enjoy it when i am feeling up to going. the display was nice and it was very peaceful out on the boat. i had a wonderful time.
Not to spoikl my wonderful time but as i said before this blog is suposed to be about my life with cerebral palsy so i am going to tell u all how my CP affects my boat experience.
First of all i need alot of help walking up and down the docks can not hold my balance to do it on my own.
i need exrtra help getting into and out of the boat as my muscles are not strong enough for me to climb in and out on my own althouugh i am finding ways to do most of it on my own. i sit on the edge of the boat and swing my legs over and then have two people help lift me to a standing position.
I can not stand at all on the boat while it is moving have absolutely no control over my balance if i stand too afraiid to even attempt it although i did have a victory i stood on the boat while it was stopeed and the waves were rocking it a bit couldnt do taht even the last tiem i was out on it.
all in all a great but tireing niehgt thanks to my wonderful friends who are willing to drag me on their adventures love u guys so uch i dont want to mention names here because i onlyu know a few who actually read and i dont have consent to use names but thanks for reading and now u all know that i too have times where i am not independant and that is one big reason i dont stray too far from hme lol there are not many who know how or are willing to learn how to assist me

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good time, it sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete