Wednesday, July 28, 2010

appointment went well

the main reason being i had my own doctor. that makes all the idfference in the world. i was not bomnarded with information again, I was able to discuss all options with her and offfer my reasons why i did not want them. she agreed with most of them.
We discussed depo provara
here was my response I do not think that is the best option because of bone density she then asled well what makes you feel that bone density could be an issue for you my answer well the ortho said that my hip bone looked a little thin on x ray then her response was nope not for you no broken hips under my care.

then we discussed the IUD maraina I just plainly told her I did not feel comfortable with that option at all so it was dropped right there.

then we discussed the birth control pill which as stated before was going to be my choice, she did not feel comfortable with the pill because of my boarderline high blood pressure and the fact taht i was on them before and they did not really help but was going to give them another try.

then she threw in another option that i had heard of called the nuva ring and said does the pill still sound good. Nope i want to give the ring a go first. So that is what i am currently on. I think this is just luck but since putting it in yesterday afternoon when we finally got back i have had no cramps.

I am just so happy that my doctor understands where i am commming from and is welling to listen. she did the calculation on the paper work that i was givven and i have a moderate risk of Having IC a chronic inflamation of the bladder so if the palvic pain does not stay gone with the ring the next step is to get a confirmed diagnosis of IC I do not want to do that but if it means pain relief i am for it.

Teh only way t o get a confirmed diagnosis is to be catheterized and have tow solutions inserted into the bladder one with saline and the other with potassium. If the potassium give significat pain that is a confirmed positive. lets just hope the ring does the job and most of the pain was endometriosis related.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the appointment went well! Fingers crossed that the ring does the trick! Love the new blog template!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment on the new template needed a change of pace for a bit. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that the ring does the job. so far no cramping but too soon to do a celebation post yet I will wait to see how it goes for the full four months first I have had really horrible luck with the pill so im aprehensive about all birth control for my pain relief now. alrhough the pill was not used continuously

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny... didn't know that you have a blog too. I just have visited you more often. Anyway, congratulations on this blog. This is cool. You will be able to help others who are in the same situation and they can get helped too. Keep it up. I will link you up in my blog so you can get traffic. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes mam i do and i keep it fairly updated sorry i dont check yours often but i do when i see it on Facebook i loved that post

    ReplyDelete