Wednesday, May 5, 2010

first Pt appointmetn down

Well the good news is my first appointment went well. I told him that i have been suposed to do cirtan streaches for a long time but it is toiugh when I can not find the time I need to stop using that and find the time though. He was surprused at how honest I was and actually said to me OMG you are very honest. Seriously what is the point of not being honest. I was doing them every day back in highschool and being told that I was lying to the teacher's and the Pt so I might as well tell the truth now and fess up to the fact that no I do not do them regularly now. I hae not been dishonest and do not plan to start now with anything. i hated the people in school that acused me of not doing things I was saying I was doing and honestly was completing. i can not help if My mobility was not greatly improved by them after so long of doing the same things it kind of tends to dwindle down and just get to the point of keeping it there not improving anyomre. they just said I was not doing them and left it at that even though at times I was in tears insisting i had done them and told them to call mom and they refused. I hated Pt in school but do not mind this one.
His name is Mike Downing and he seems pretty cool although he makes me work yuck lol. Thats no fun but needs to be done I hope i will get rewarded in the end with less pain. i am not sure how many more sessioons I will get he is going to see if I can get six so that we can have a few more followups and he can make sure I am getting improvement.
Right now I am pretty sore and tired. It's alot of work and only gets more tiring as i get older. Sheila whatever you do don't let Malayna slack on PT i did and I am regreting it now. It is hard for me to admit but I did them regularly when I had someone pusing me to and then once that was gone I stoped. It is important to keep reminding her to do them and be there for her through it all any way that is about it for me today my next session is on May 18th I may update again between now and then if something comes up and the PT said that sometimes people can have an impingement and MRI will not show it so I do not know weather it is there or not. I am glad that i have someone willing to help me thorugh this again. I did five minutes on the exercise bike and that was tough. I used to ride a bike in younger years but lost the balance to be able to now so it was very different and actually i was happy to do it even though it was tough. That was my favorite part of the Pt session that and the talking lol i like doing that once i get to know someone. he knew one of My old PT so it was kind of cool they are neighbors lol don't know if that's good or bad ha ha just kidding I liked Cherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment