Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do appointments mean anything anymore?????

I am really confused today. I saw the orthopedic doctor for my follow up after the mRi and he said that it did not reveal anything. oK I am slightly confused now. I know there is something going on in there because one i feel the pain and two there was the bone scan with the area of increased blood flow.
Needless to say there is not going to be a boston trip which I am relieved about but the six months of worry were about enough for me. the bump is still there but apparently now it is not enough to be causing pain. he said there was a small area that may be a tear in the cartalige but it was not bad. i do not know anymore i am tired of the doctors routine of saying surgery and then oh u don't need it it makes for an emotional rollercoaster.
i am being refered to another doctor now to see if he thinks I would benifit from an arthroscopy a proceedure wehre a scope is inserted to look at the hip joint under anestisia. another confusing point because the MRI revealed so little damage. who knows it will be another ten year road like it is with most of my medical issues. Well most take at least a year for the major ones like my gall bladder and endometriosis. Who knows I am not going to any further orthopedic appointments after the next doc sees me i am tired of it i feel like I am wasting my breath telling people i have pain.
I got another referal for PT yay how thrilling it is two secessions as that is all my insurance will cover. i do not know what the point of going is it is not going to do much besides just start getting me loosened and then it will be done. i do not know how to word this but it is easier to have someone streach me than it is for me to try and complete them on my own. it is most of the time less painful for me as well. I really struggle to understand this but that is how it has been except when I got the PT that did not rrespect my polite requests to stop and that hurt alot. i just hope they are aboe to get some streaches that may help and I am hopeful that since the MRi did not reveal anything it is a tight tendon but i feel that the pain should not be like this for just a tight tendon but I am willing to grasp at every straw now. i just want to walk again without having to be concerned with falling when my hip pops. i miss being able to walk distances with out an aide.
well that is about it on my end hope all is well with you guys

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! How frustrating! I say keep searching until you find answers! Can someone (your Mom maybe) go with you to the PT sessions so they can learn the stretches and help you do them at home? I had really bad hip pain for awhile and was diagnosed with bursitis. I went to PT for a few months but I did learn the stretches and now when I have flare-ups I can do them at home and it helps. Just a thought! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete