Saturday, November 10, 2012

My crazy life continues

I am currently doing physical therapy once per week in hopes of reducing my pelvic pain and bladder issues. It seems to be helping a bit but it will be a long road and a continued commitment beyond the eight weeks to see marked improvement. the physical therapists i have now are wonderful ladies. One that i work with i met a long time ago back in school it has been really nice working with her again she was one of  the few physical therapists that i had back in my younger years that i was able to connect with. My main physical therapist this time around is wonderful as well. she has taken the time to try to get to know me and has a bit but I have not been really allowing full connection I have told her all the important info that she needs to know to treat me basically how it works is she asks the questions i give the answers it isn't quite a two way street yet lol I am working on that though. It has always taken me a while to connect with people  especially in the physical therapy or doctor stand point. so many are not caring and just treat the issue they don't see me as a whole person which is really hard and over the many years I have just come to expect that so when i find someone who is different it catches me by surprise and I guess i basically wait to see if they are going to change tides to speak as time goes on.

They have told me information i did not even realize this trip with PT I really love the fact that they take the time to explain everything and double check that it makes sense and better yet they try their best to incorporate the exercise routine into my daily activities which really helps. I know that some of it isn't able to be incorporated but i love the fact that a lot of it is they are working really hard with me on strengthening my glutes pelvic floor and the large muscles in the tops of my legs and the appropriate way to lift. that's a tough one for me since I have basically invented my own way of moving that works best for me.

Dad is doing well he is improving slow but sure he has been doing a lot more standing lately today we had issues with out hot water heater and my uncle was fixing it he got up from his chair in the hall near my bedroom door and walked in and was watching go dad woot woot I am very happy to see this it is going to be a long road but he is determined and will overcome this too. We went to a play last night called the mericle worker it was really good Dad used to clean for the school that was putting the play on and they all miss him so the drama director invited us to come it was nice and he got to see a lot of people he worked with before his stroke he was very happy and enjoyed it.

I had a bad spell with hip pain again which seems to have been connected to the cyclic pain of the endometriosis because since i have stopped bleeding and the pain of the endo has calmed it isn't painful weird how things can affect life sometimes. I have to go for an x ray to make sure nothing is going on though because my doc ordered one I will more than likely be talking to my gyn about this soon to see what she thinks after i explain the whole scenario to her

I am still waiting on my brace and shoes but I think im getting them Tuesday yay for that i cant wait. I am not usually happy with having to wear something all day every day but it might help with more of the hip pain as well and it will help prevent my ankle from getting tight and my foot becoming plantar flexed again which was very painful. the surgery was hard and the recovery seemed never ending but i do not regret it now. I had a few very difficult times during recovery but i made it and I am thankful that i found a different doctor who treats me well and listens to me when i say something is not right. My new orthopedic is wonderful too I have made quite a few changes with medical providers in the past few years and they all seem to be for the better thus far
I hope all of my readers are doing well and relaxing as much as possible I am not ready for teh cold weather yet but its here guess i will have to struggle with another winter

No comments:

Post a Comment