Thursday, November 29, 2012

Multipule medical conditions really suck frustrated right now

Looks like I will be adding yet another physical therapist to the already confusing realm of life. which means telling my story another fifty times. I was in pt for pelvic floor issues and had the script sent for the orthopedic issue because they do orthopedics there but there is a waiting list for the orthopedic issue and there is no estimated time they can give that they would be calling for evaluation . I am so tired of having no consistency when it comes to something so important. I really struggle to understand why on earth they force those of us with cp and other issues that affect our function physically or mentally to go through all of these therapies through school and for me even before i started school i was three when my life of therapies started they force us only to turn around when we are in high school to say oh you will no longer receive this service on a regular basis. then to find that hardly no pt places take my insurance I have been to three different places for pt since i had regular pt in school absolutely none of them seem concerned with anything I have been treated like another number until i found holistic PT. The treat me like a person not just an issue. I am struggling on weather to call any other place they gave or just suffer with the pain until I can be accepted back into holistic. I don't want to feel like just another number again. One of the places that i went for pt actually told me I do not have tone issues which is far from the truth seeing as i have the diagnosis of spastic cerebral palsy and that is one of the places that accept my insurance. I feel so frustrated all I want right now is to get things so that I am not in pain all the time. the pelvic floor therapy has been wonderful and I am in much less bladder pain. I am ready to make permanent change in life and stick to the things i have to do to change but it is so hard to do that when I am feeling tossed between places. i went to the orthopedic yesterday and he said things are looking in the right direction even though I told him i was still having hip pain and he did not feel that I need a follow up with him the goal of surgery was to get my foot bracable well ya its now bracable but my original complaint was hip pain and I am still having that portion of the issue. He does know that I am supposed to be going to physical therapy and was satisfied with it. Just feeling very lost right now. going to see what the primary doctor recommends before i jump into anything. I am not for making these choices on my own

1 comment:

  1. Good grief. I agree there should be a better way! Hugs! I am sorry for the lack of consistency in therapy. I can completely relate to what you are saying. Hope things get lined out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete