Thursday, December 6, 2012

update and welcome to december

it is hard to believe that another year has nearly gone by. this year has been a very long one for all of us. So many things have happened. two surgeries for me dad having his stroke teh birth of my new oh so handsome nephew the death of my puppy. But I have come through it all a stronger better person. There have been so many times where it has seemed impossible but I have done it.
another wonderful thing that happened this year is I met my wonderful counselor that i see now who has been wonderful to me. 
now on to the update on me. I have finished pelvic pt and I am very sad that I can not return there for my orthopedic pt I loved my pt's that i worked with at holistic pt they were wonderful all of their office staff are great but on a good note I am starting pt for my hip again on the 17th of December at mercy physical therapy center in Portland  Really and truly hoping it relieves some of the pain again  I am not in the mood for invasive shots or injections of dye again to see what is going on but I will do what i need to do to feel better.
I am not sure how many older people with cerebral palsy follow me or read without following but I have been experiencing a big increase in my spasticity this year especially since it has gotten cold wondering if this is common  wishing there was a doc out there that just dealt with cerebral palsy and took the time to figure out what is what with the condition.
I am really just confused and sad because I am afraid that because of pain and tightness i am not going to be able to walk in a few more years. I fell the other day in my driveway because of spasms and scuffing my toe despite the AFO which does help. It is really hard to walk without it well i think that's about it for now i will update more as the month goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment