Friday, April 5, 2013

Lots of changes goin gon for me

i have been going through a lot of changes lately  i got my forearm crutches and have been doing a lot of practicing with them. I have had three visits to pt and will have a fourth on Tuesday  At the first visit she did the initial eval and some stretching the second visit I had a different pt and she gave me some home exercises and practiced with my crutches as I got them that afternoon just before going in to pt. the third visit was with my usual pt at new England rehab we did a lot in an hour.

My PT visit last week or what I can remember about it
was taken back and was told to do ten minutes on the bike
this was followed by how much have you practiced with your crutches outside my response was not much  Anna responded with I hope you brought a jacket we are going to make sure you are able to use them in the community So we went outside where she proceeded tot ell me lets take the stairs i was like um whoa stairs not my favorite  i told her that i had fallen down them before and was afraid but I tackled them with the crutches and did the best i could. then we walked around a bit and practiced on a curb which i was able to do a bit easier than the stairs then we walked back in and i went to go into the waiting area to get ready to go and she was like your still not done I have you for another five minutes so i went back with her and took a small break then finished with another five minutes on the bike wow I was beat. she asked me what I was going to do for the weekend I was like after this probably sleep we both laughed then she was like all weekend long i told her no i didn't really plan on sleeping all weekend,.Anna also taught me a little saying on which foot to bring up or down when going on the stairs  she said the good ones go up tp heaven the bad ones go down to u know lol the saying has really helped me to remember up with the good down with the bad.

At my second visit the pt noticed that he light was bothering my eyes and asked if i wore a hat or anything to block some of it out. i told her no that no one had recommended that so I had not tried it. It seems to help a lot so I went out and got a hat. I was using one of dads hats but im not much for  hunting so I wanted a different one.
Botox has been mentioned on two occasions for my hamstrings so i may be doing them I am not sure yet as I need to make an appointment with my primary to get meds changed for my nerve pain in my legs I am assuming the call it nerve pain because it is neurological issues causing miscomunication to nerves and muscles but she did say that the pain in my legs was more than likely due to my cp. I have been working really hard today and plan to continue I walked fifteen minutes outside twice today. I was told to walk with the crutches for practice i will post pictures when i have time to take some .

No comments:

Post a Comment