Saturday, August 20, 2011

update on the foot healing process

I think i wrote this before but Ill start from the begining. I am suposed to be using a cream called urea on my foot to help break down the dead skin that is calloused and help promote the growth of a new layer of skin. When i went to drop the perscription off on the 15th which was the same day that i had the appointment they said that they had to fax the doctor because it required a PA. I called the doctors office and spoke to the Doctors wonderful clinical assistant who said she had not recieved any fax but would start the prior authorization process by filling out the needed form. I called in again on friday to find out what had been decided and the PA was denied because my insurance is only willing to cover a 20 percent cream rather than the 40 that was perscribed. So the wonderful assistant had the doc change the perscription strength and re send the perscription to my pharmacy. i called to see if they had gotten the fax and luckily they had but also found out that the medication is not commonly perscribed so they have to order it but as far as I know as of monday i will finally be able to start treating my foot with the medication the doctor wants me to use for the next two months. i find it amazing what people have to go through just to get the medications they need because of insurance regulations it gets quite frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. Insurance companies sure do make things as difficult as possible! Good for you for following up and getting things straight! Good luck with the treatment!

    ReplyDelete