Monday, September 23, 2013

change in medication yet again frustrating

I am really uncomfortable since yesterday with my bladder so i called urology to see if the urodynamics testing was a possible next step however they are not sportive of it even though they gave me the information about it and I feel it would have been a better choice they are pushing a new medication on me so this is the route i will take seeing as it is the only one being offered. I just wish he would have just outright said I will not do uro dynamics until you try this medication rather than giving me something that I feel would be more beneficial and making me feel as though I am not able to make my own choices in medical care just frustrated and uncomfortable and waiting for a prior authorization for the med yes it is that new and the rule is Two other OAB over active bladder drugs must be tried well I have done this with ditropan and vesicare neither are effective.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sorry you are having problems. I hate it too when doctors don't listen to me like I have no involvement in my own care. It gets frustrating. Then, I seek a second opinion or at least look for another doctor. I hope the medication works for you since you have already tried those other two. You never know it just might. I don't have the same problems, but I do have digestive problems and have been prone to ulcers in the past. It took me several medications to get the right one to keep me comfortable.

    Hang in there. I am sure things will get better.

    Sorry we have not been commenting lately. As you know by now, we lost our computer when the hard drive crashed. We are up and running again. So, you will see more comments in the future,

    ReplyDelete