Monday, September 3, 2012

What is the cause of IC?

















Day 3





The cause of Ic is not yet known there is no one single cause. Most people when asked when their IC began will say that it started after a traumatic event such as a fall or accident or pelvic surgery after child birth The common factor in all of these situations is that they irritate the bladder wall. Some research has shown that the bladder in Ic patients is more permeable meaning that the lining is damaged allowing irritating substances to get into the muscle of the bladder.
I had a cystoscopy done to diagnose my IC and to see how much my bladder was damaged. The doctor stated to me that the exam of my bladder appeared normal however when I spoke to another doctor she said that in biopsies there were areas of tissue which appeared to be sloughed off leaving small areas of my bladder muscle unprotected by the mucosal lining which protects the bladder muscle from being irritated by urine and other irritating factors

No comments:

Post a Comment