Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gastroparesis fun continues update on teh endo and cp front as well

My CP is just normal for me so there really inst an update here.
My endometriosis is well controlled right now with the lupron injections I am getting every three months. I am going to be having a bone density scan to see if I will have to come off of lupron for a while to allow my bone density to build back up. I am not sure what will happen if I am forced to stop thee med however I will do what is needed to keep myself safest and healthy.

the gastroparesis is still keeping me on my toes and a bit uptight but I am doing my best to get through it. The new medication they have me on has begun to give me some side effects so it was decreased to taking it three times per day rather than four. I am hoping that this is enough to allow me to remain on the med for a while in order to keep my body nourished and healthy. I have not had much nausea and no vomiting since the med has begun to take effect. I pray that I will be able to remain on this med rather than have to attempt a feeding tube. the thought of a feeding tube reallly scares me however so did starting this medicatin because of some of the side effects. I had an awesome birthday. I was able to stay awake and spend the whole day with family. I am able to eat some solid foods now however I still often choose shakes and luquids over solids because of fear of the pain and possible vomiting. I do not know that I will ever return to my normal self and not think before I eat things again. This has been going on for almost a year and I have been through so much pain weight loss nausea and vomiting that eating has become very difficult but I am getting nutrition with the shakes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment