Friday, February 8, 2013

Feeling good for now

I have been feeling pretty well pain wise latley my hip is bothering me still but I am trying to push through that. The meds my GYN put me on for my pelvic spasms are helping . I am in less pain right now with endo than i have been in a long time. I have now taken up the nice activity of trying to loose weight or at least just get some cardio exercise even if i dont loose anything im making my heart a bit more healthy.

I have also been working really hard watching my lil nephew he is five months old my niece and nephews are my world adn the reason I have chosen to use my good days to try to get in shape. I want to be able to be more active with them than i have been in the past with all the health issues. I am also working on building A speech library on his android in hopes that it will make it easier for him to communicate after hsi stroke. I Am curious for those who have non verbal kidos with cp what apps do you use for the I pad or other comunication device for school work thank you for any insight It is apreciated

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. I am so glad that you are feeling better. Emma has a new blog and she just shared how she types and writes. She uses the iPad to help with her communication. She uses both Verbally and Proloquo2go. Proloquo2go has a lot of picture based things on there. It really helps kids especially before they can read well. Some adults need picture prompts too though. She also uses iSpeak for quick things. She also uses low tech alphabet boards that are not on the iPad that are just printed out either on paper or whatever. She also has a WordPower OnBoard. The latter is great because it is text based. It has a core list of commonly used vocabulary words that one can point to with a pointer, a finger, or a laser light (can be attached to the head or glasses). Having some words already typed out really helps speed things up. Emma is not a great typer, even though she reads well. She gets tired trying to type out each word letter by letter all the time. You can google the Word Power OnBoard. They cost about 20 dollars, pretty cheap and low tech and helpful. Oh, Proloquo2go is about a $280 app. I cannot remember how much Verbally was. Not as much 280 though. But, it has all been a great help to Emma.

    She says hello. She will email you a link to her new blog. I think she would love it if you commented on there. It is easier to use than mine. It is public for now. But, if she gets any mean comments, which I am moderating ahead of time, I may make it private. She is crazy about it for now. I am hoping it will motivate her to write more, work hard and see the benefit, and get more comfy communicating with others. She needs social self esteem and improved social interaction. She is so introverted in face to face situations. Shy kid. It hides her smarts.

    ReplyDelete