Friday, August 8, 2014

My life continues with many good things going on but still many medical issues as well

I am not sure where to even begin this blog but I am going to shoot for the goal and give it my best shot


As stated in the title there are many positive things going on in life right now both medically and just with life in general. Here is my list for the life in general ones

  • I am learning independent living skills with some very nice ladies through the state of Maine and also the IRIS network. this is a group that works with people who are blind a visually impaired to help them achieve goals in life and independent living skills.
  • I am learning to cross the street on my own with the use of hearing for the most part. this is not an easy task but it is a goal I want to achieve so I am going for it.
  • I am thinking about taking some courses through a college that is offered to the blind and visually impaired. Very excited about starting this however I am not sure when I am going to begin. I have to be absolutely sure that I can devote the time to the courses so I think it may be a winter thing


The good things on the medical front

  • My endometriosis is pretty calm for the most part with my treatment plan.
  • I have been able to completely stop one of my medications for muscle spasms
  • I have started receiving case management services as long as my insurance will permit it to begin.



that is the positives for me with my life for the moment however I am not sure that I have blogged about my most recent medical battle. I have been dealing with pretty persistent nausea and stomach pain and vomiting since December and undergoing a pretty significant number of diagnostic testing to determine why. thus far I have had these tests done


  • Multipule lab tests
  • upper endoscopy
  • colonoscopy
  • MR Enterogrophy  A test whee they make you drink barium then scan you intestines to make sure there are no blockages or inflammation. Those scopes unfortunately don't get all the intestines in there checked out. 
  • the most recent test that was done is called a gastric emptying study. with this test they have you eat an egg toast and drink water.  the egg has a tracer in it that allows then to see how fast the intestines empty. they take seven five minute images and they want at least 90 percent of the food gone in the five hour time period. 
It has been a long however productive seven months. I am not sure how many readers I have but I hope that someone will come across this with similar medical issues and know you are not alone. Oh and on the cerebral palsy end of things I have gone from the fore arm crutches to a walker which for me is much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment